Monday, January 14, 2008

2007 Traffic Stats - Hopefully a Meme

I've seen a couple of posts (Matt Cutts, Dave Taylor) talking about their relative web statistics for 2007. While my stats are very low in comparison to theirs, I was hoping that I could entice fellow bloggers to post some stats about their traffic in 2007. I thought it might be interesting to share with each other and I'm guessing there will be a few surprises.



Some thoughts / comments...
  1. You can get more detail on my Top eLearning Posts.
  2. You can see that Search Engines generate more than half the traffic. Referral traffic is generally from other blogs. Direct traffic is generally from RSS readers.
  3. This somewhat understands reach of the blog since I provide full feeds and many people never leave their reader to come to the web site.
  4. I would guess that these percentages are similar on other blogs, but I don't know.
  5. You can see that traffic is pretty steady and growing. Weekends and holidays are very slow compared to weekdays.
  6. As compared to many of my clients, my percentage of new visitors is very high. In fact, I would tell most of my clients that they should be doing a lot more to capture and keep those visitors. But, my guess is that these numbers are similar to other bloggers and I shouldn't worry too much about keeping them.
  7. The two pages per visit has been astonishingly consistent over the past few years. I'm curious how that compares as well.
Will anyone else share similar stats?

I'm especially curious about folks in the worlds of learning / eLearning and KM.and maybe the related world of KM.

I'm hoping some of the following folks would be willing to reciprocate with some stats.

Andrew McAfee
Are you game?

No comments:

Post a Comment