Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New Meme - Media I Consume - How about a change?

I got tagged by Luis Suarez around a new meme going around that focuses on "Media I Consume"... I'm sure you all remember the Five Things Meme that struck the blogosphere a few months ago. My initial reaction was - "Not another one." Then I took a look at the information contained in his post and saw that Nancy White had done one as well.

I'm personally not that interested in music, movies, magazines, but I was very interested how people were using the web. For example - Luis mentions:


Well, to start with, about 100 news sites from all sorts of different places, including TechMeme, TailRank, Megite, Findory, Blogniscient, diggdot.us, Topix, Google News, etc. and then a few other general related news. I guess just the usual stuff. One thing for sure is that whenever I need to get information on a particular subject the Web is one of the first resources I check.
This made me think about the recent DIY discussions and some prior posts around PKM and Personal Learning:

This made me realize that I would love it if this meme were actually how we have come to use the web to support personal / DIY learning. Of course we are all using Google / Yahoo to search for information on an as-needed basis. But, what else are we doing? Do you do something now that you didn't do a year ago?

I'm trying to figure out if I believe that this is a better Meme? Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment