Monday, March 3, 2008

Jungle Disk Backup

All it takes is one computer hard disk crash to know how important it is to backup your computer on a regular basis. However, we all know that far to few computer users are backing up their precious computer data until it too late. With more and more services backup services being offered on the web I decided to give it a try. I opted to try for 30 days of free service and then downloaded, Jungle Disk which you can download for your Windows, Macintosh, or Linux or USB flash drive. What really sold me is that this service is it is fairly inexpensive and you only pay for what you use. But more importantly the online storage is powered by Amazon S3, which made me feel very comfortable trusting my data with them. I have it installed on my Dell laptop and it is automatically configured as a J drive which I can now save to, or drag files into the drive from the Windows desktop. What is nice about the service is that I can also install Jungle Disk to my Mac laptop and use the same drive without incurring another fee. At the Jungle Disk website you can see a breakdown of the pricing which is really reasonable. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment