Sunday, April 6, 2008

Applying Jing in the Classroom

This morning I received an email from one of my graduate students who was working on a software project who said she was stuck and didn’t remember how to add a Note card in her ClozePro project. My first inclination was to write her a long and complex step by step process and email it to her. However, on second thought, I decided that it would be a lot easier to create a quick Jing video and show her exactly what needed to be done. So I opened Jing on my MacBook and recorded a 20 second video showing my student, Donna how to create the Note card in her project. Once I created the video, I sent my student an email with the Jing link so that she could view the video. Here is her response.

Dear Dr. Friedlander-thank you. I am just so fascinated by all this new
technology. I will revise my work at the college today or tomorrow. Your
e-mail response just blew me away. It was great to see that visual
presentation. Have a nice Sunday......Donna
If a picture is worth a 1000 words then a video has to be worth at least a million! So remember the next time one of your students asks you how to do something why not create a quick Jing video. It’s just an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment