Thursday, February 9, 2006

Authoring in eLearning 2.0 / Add-ins & Mashups

One of the really interesting things going on in Web 2.0 that has real impact for eLearning 2.0 is the ability to add Mashups or Add-ins as part of your learning environment or learning content. In other words, in the middle of my content, I can throw in some fun learning component that I've created through an online tool.

An example is shown below with a simple poll that I created using Bravenet MiniPoll. And, I've provided the code for it that you could easily add into your blog or course or whatever.

Some examples of this would be:

  • Poll

    I can put in a poll that would be hosted elsewhere and would allow the student to see previous results of other students who have taken my courseware.

  • Discussion

    I can add in a simple discussion inside of my course right on that learning page. Of course, I can have it also live elsewhere and beyond the course. This could allow me to have previous answers from students.

  • Announcements / Updates

    I can put in an announcement or update place in my course that will automatically be updated with the latest information.

  • Find & Add Assignment

    I can make students go find an interesting example and add it to that page in the course that will be a leave behind.


  • Rating

    I can have students rate things and see other peoples ratings. I can also embed a question about how well we are doing on a particular topic within our company to spark thinking and hopefully discussion.


  • Survey

    I can embed my end of course survey into the last page of the course.


  • Leader Board

    I can have who is leading among those who have taken the quiz and/or based on other data.





If you have a chance, go ahead and add a link to this article and the poll code into your blog. The code is:




Keywords: eLearning Trends, eLearning 2.0, Web 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment